Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic Mouse Right Click & Scroll Aren't Working

I'm using MacBook Pro 13 inch Mid 2012, Mac OS X High Sierra 10.13.1

I bought it in 2014 (at the same time i bought my MacBook Pro), it works really good until 2016 (if I'm not wrong), it stops to working, I couldn't use the scroll function and the right click function. Today, it still isn't working, so it has been around a year.

I checked the mouse at the System Preferences, all boxes are checked. Trying to disable it, restart the Mac, enable it again but doesn't do anything.

Thanks

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), macOS High Sierra (10.13.1)

Posted on Nov 18, 2017 12:08 AM

3 replies

Nov 18, 2017 12:23 AM in response to snoopysneepy

Try cleaning the laser surface. I am guessing you are using Magic Mouse one. Turn off the mouse and with a Q Tip moistened, not wet, with white spirit, swizzle the Q Tip around on the surface of the laser itself. It may have got soiled during use.

If you are using a USB mouse with a scroll wheel, follow the same path but apply the Q Tip to the wheel, then turn the mouse upside down and vigorously rub the mouse wheel in circles on some clean white cardboard for 20 seconds of so. You should see black marks and possibly some fluff and dust appear.

Let me know your progress.

Nov 18, 2017 1:18 AM in response to snoopysneepy

As it is out of warranty there is little else you can do except remove it and reconnect to your machine as if it were a new mouse and reset all settings. They are not repairable.

The replacement would have to be a Magic Mouse 2, suitable for all MacOS's from El Capitan and upwards. Magic mouse 1 is no longer stocked, though you could pick one up in Amazon. I think I would favour the new version.

Magic Mouse Right Click & Scroll Aren't Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.