Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Warranty question

Hi guys, so I took my mac back to the store i brought it from less then 2 yrs ago as it just turned itself off and wouldn't turn back on (the very same computer i am typing on now) a couple of weeks later the store rang and told me repairs weren't covered under the warranty because it had been dropped and there was evidence of water damage, they quoted me 2K to repair and I thought wow not worth it, so today picked this mac up and the paperwork said "warranty denied VMI failed, dents on corner and MLB failed due to evidence of liquid spill/corrosion found on components, as well as *Battery has been disconnected"

so taking this at face value I thought my girl needs a new computer for school so I would buy her another one on flexi rent so this issue would not occur again..... but I get home plug the mac in just to test it didn't go and what do you know it does...... so now I am confused, what did they actually do? can someone explain this to me in simple terms and where do I stand in regards to having brought a new computer on the grounds I would have to pay 2K to fix this one? I kind of feel ripped off? 😟

I would love to hear your comments.

Ange

MacBook Air

Posted on Nov 18, 2017 12:19 AM

3 replies

Nov 18, 2017 8:33 AM in response to angegoldcoast

Hi,

They may have connected the battery which allowed the Mac to run, or who knows what they may have touched while diagnosing it. In any case, I certainly wouldn't trust the computer to work reliably anymore. If you do use it, backup very frequently, as if it stops working, you could lose all your data since the last backup.

Warranty question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.