Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing Photos

Using Photos 3.0. Was using to airdrop for 2 photos and then drug same 2 photos to Pictures on my iMac. When I went back to Photos, all but the 2 photos were missing. No I did not delete them. They were just gone. I tried to use Time Machine and was not successful. Maybe I am doing something wrong in Time Machine, but followed Apples instructions regarding restoring a Photos library from a Time Machine backup. They still are not there. I was not using iCloud at the time. It is my understanding that iCloud only mimics what you have on your computer, so even if I had iCloud at the my pictures would still be gone? I have since put Photos on iCloud. Pictures missing and Albums are empty. Of course I now have my pics from my iPhone. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! HELP!

Posted on Nov 18, 2017 12:53 AM

1 reply

Nov 18, 2017 2:45 PM in response to janeymay125

Hello janeymay125,

I'm understanding you were using Airdrop for 2 photos and dragged 2 photos to Pictures on your iMac and after doing so all but 2 photos were missing.

I would recommend you read this article, it may be able to help troubleshoot the issue.
  1. Press Option-Command and double-click the Photos icon in the Applications folder (or click the Photos icon in the Dock). The Repair Library window opens.

2. Click Repair to rebuild your photo library.

Photos for Mac: Repair your library
Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Have a nice day.

Missing Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.