Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After the last software update by Apple my Iphone 6 Plus runs super slow

Is there anybody can help me in gaining back the adequate speed of my Iphone 6? The last software upgrade by Apple did slow it down significantly . Very appreciated any help. Thanks and greetings from Cambridge

Posted on Nov 18, 2017 1:59 AM

8 replies

Nov 18, 2017 4:36 AM in response to seventy one

I have updated yesterday the very last version of IOs , there have been several over the past 2/3 weeks. Still my Iphone 6plus is not any more as fast as it was before the main IOs release happened one month ago or so. I hope they are keep working on how to fine tune it. I see many complaints on the Apple community blog for the same reason.

Nov 18, 2017 5:46 AM in response to Maurizio from Cambridge UK

Let it go as I suggested and come back if you see no improvement in a couple of days. I see the complaints too, but this is more often due to heavy background usage of apps or occasionally run-down batteries. Take it into an Apple store (there is one in Cambridge as you will know) and ask them to check it over for you. Make an appointment if you can; it always guarantees your being seen.

Nov 18, 2017 8:03 AM in response to seventy one

Everyone i know with an iPhone 6 has this problem; it’s not to do with heavy app usage, old battery or indexing. Wouday love to know if someone has brought their phone into the Genius Bar for this and what they say. I am incredibly frustrated with my phone and may leave Apple altogether after this. I shoudn’t be forced to buy a new phone every couple years For it to work properly.

Nov 18, 2017 8:49 AM in response to LeNico21

And how do you know what it is not to do with when you go on and fail to tell us what you think is wrong. As I said earlier, I have read of the recent complaints but out of the hundreds of thousands of phones sold in the UK, the number of complaints are but minuscule compared to sales. I would also say the number of compliments that are published could be numbered in tens. It is not human nature to write compliments to big companies but quite the opposite with complaints.

And in case you are wondering, I do not work for nor am I paid by Apple. I am just a volunteer helper who answers technical questions where possible.

After the last software update by Apple my Iphone 6 Plus runs super slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.