Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Show View Options (Default) not working

I can choose my settings, then make default. Some folders will accept it and some others won't.

Any hint about this issue?

Thank you in advance.

Mario Lordeiro

Mac mini, macOS Sierra (10.12), Apple Thunderbolt Display 27, TC

Posted on Nov 18, 2017 1:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2017 2:57 AM

See this article macOS Sierra: Ways to view items in Finder windows

To use these settings for all Finder folders that use this view, click Use as Defaults. The Use as Defaults button does not appear for Columns view.For example, if you set options for Icon view, then click Use as Defaults, all folders that use Icon view appear with the same options.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 18, 2017 2:57 AM in response to Mario Lordeiro

See this article macOS Sierra: Ways to view items in Finder windows

To use these settings for all Finder folders that use this view, click Use as Defaults. The Use as Defaults button does not appear for Columns view.For example, if you set options for Icon view, then click Use as Defaults, all folders that use Icon view appear with the same options.

Nov 18, 2017 2:54 AM in response to Mario Lordeiro

I think you need to interpret the word "default". If a folder already has specific settings, it will not revert to default automatically.

For example:

1-you open folder A and set it to list view

2-you open folder B, set it to icon view, adjust icon size, etc, and click "Set as Default"

3-you make a new folder C and open it. It will match the default settings

4-you open folder A again. It will be set to list view. That is correct!

In other words, "Set as Default" does not mean "Apply to All".

Show View Options (Default) not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.