Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: My MacBook Air is frozen trying to update to High Sierra. Please help

I have no cursor. the screen is black, flashing a white folder shape with a black question mark in it. I have a this year's 13 inch MacBook Air.

I was about 4 mins into updating to Os High Sierra.

simple turning off and on agpain has no effect.

I've put in an operating system number but don't really know what I have. It's the one it came with in January

MacBook Air, iOS 11.1, amateur user

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 20, 2017 6:45 PM in response to DrCally1 In response to DrCally1

Hey DrCally1!

I definitely appreciate why this situation would be concerning to you. Let me see if I can offer some suggestions to help. To get things started in the right direction, we actually have a great article that explains the question mark folder you're seeing, as well as how to address it; check that out here: If a flashing question mark appears when you start your Mac - Apple Support

Do me a favor and try each recommended step, but make note of the results so you can keep me updated in case the article itself doesn't square things away. Cheers!

Nov 20, 2017 6:45 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: DrCally1

Question: My MacBook Air is frozen trying to update to High Sierra. Please help