Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Community. I understand you've had some trouble with voiceover on your iPad, and I have some information that may help.
If you have not already, it's always a good idea to restart your iPad as described in the article below.
Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
If the trouble persists, you may want to backup your iPad and reinstalling the latest version of iOS using the steps below.
How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support
If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
- Make sure that you're using the latest version of iTunes.
- If iTunes is already open, close it. Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend or go to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider for help.
- While your device is connected, force restart it with these steps:
- On an iPhone X, iPhone 8, or iPhone 8 Plus: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the recovery-mode screen.
- On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold the Side and Volume Down buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.
- On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.
- When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Update. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS without erasing your data. Wait while iTunes downloads the software for your device. If the download takes more than 15 minutes and your device exits recovery mode, let the download finish, then repeat these steps.
- After the Update or Restore completes, set up your device.
If you can’t update or restore your device with recovery mode, or you can't use recovery mode because of broken buttons, contact Apple Support.
If you run into any trouble, please reach out again.