Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why I don't have the "two-ups" when trimming?

Hi everybody,
I am using FCPX 10.3.4 on a MacBook Pro (early 2015) with High Sierra.
Editing Preference are set to "show detailed trimming feedback", when I put the T(trim) tool on the line in the middle of two nearby clips, its icon changes as it has to do but into the display I have just one picture not - as it was used to be - two frames in order to better match the last one and the first one of the two bordering clips.

I have searched on line and in this community, to no avail.

Any idea?

Thank you in advance for your help,
Nico

Posted on Nov 18, 2017 3:17 AM

4 replies

Nov 19, 2017 2:04 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Hi Tom,
First of all, thank you for your reply. I did trashed my prefs, to no avail.

This is what I want to do (and what used to do until a few days ago!):

Final Cut Pro X: Show detailed trimming feedback

I want to put the trim in the middle of two nearby clips and do a more accurate trimming watching both frames (the last one of the first clip and the first frame of the second clip, given first and second as their position on the time line).My prefs are set as apple say they should be.

Here are two screen shots as per your request:User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Please note that as a screen shot, FCPX display looks black and the trimming cursor is missed, anyway you can clearly see that in the display there is just one pic not two as it should be (the "two up" as Apple calls it)p,

Thank you for your help,
Nico

why I don't have the "two-ups" when trimming?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.