Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I have to pay monthly charges that are then I watch three

Do I have to pay monthly charges that are then I watch three. can I skip it and not use the LTC

Posted on Nov 18, 2017 5:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2017 5:05 AM

Hi

Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular) can be used without activating the cellular feature.

In order to set up and use Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular), whether activating the cellular feature or not, you need an iPhone 6 or newer model of iPhone, running the latest version of iOS:

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular) includes a built-in cellular capability. This can enable certain features to be used when the watch is away from the paired iPhone, subject to various requirements as explained here:

In order to use the built-in cellular feature, you would need a carrier service plan for your iPhone that specifically includes support for Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular), including the carrier activating it on the plan. An activation fee and ongoing monthly charges may apply - contact your supported carrier for details:

Apple Watch - Carriers - Apple

If desired, Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular) can instead be set up and used without enabling the built-in cellular capability, in which case it can be used with a compatible iPhone on any carrier's network.

When used in this way, it behaves in the same way as a GPS-only model, again as explained within the support articles linked above.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 18, 2017 5:05 AM in response to tevarr

Hi

Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular) can be used without activating the cellular feature.

In order to set up and use Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular), whether activating the cellular feature or not, you need an iPhone 6 or newer model of iPhone, running the latest version of iOS:

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular) includes a built-in cellular capability. This can enable certain features to be used when the watch is away from the paired iPhone, subject to various requirements as explained here:

In order to use the built-in cellular feature, you would need a carrier service plan for your iPhone that specifically includes support for Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular), including the carrier activating it on the plan. An activation fee and ongoing monthly charges may apply - contact your supported carrier for details:

Apple Watch - Carriers - Apple

If desired, Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular) can instead be set up and used without enabling the built-in cellular capability, in which case it can be used with a compatible iPhone on any carrier's network.

When used in this way, it behaves in the same way as a GPS-only model, again as explained within the support articles linked above.

Do I have to pay monthly charges that are then I watch three

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.