Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I stop Apple (OSX) Mail automatically adding me email signature to replies?

Hi All

Other email clients (e.g. Outlook and Thunderbird) have an option to automatically include email signature in replies. I can't find this option in Apple/Mac Mail (OSX 10.13 High Sierra) Appreciate that I can choose whether or not to include reply on each email but would be much faster to has this done automatically.

Is there such an option in Apple Mail? If not, is there a plug-in that adds it?

Many thanks!

Charlie

MacBook Air, macOS High Sierra (10.13.1)

Posted on Nov 18, 2017 3:52 AM

2 replies

Nov 23, 2017 2:57 AM in response to Charlie29291

Thanks John.

Apologies - embarrassingly I missed the key-word out of the first line! It should read:

Other email clients (e.g. Outlook and Thunderbird) have an option to uncheck "automatically include email signature in replies". I can't find this option in Apple/Mac Mail (OSX 10.13 High Sierra) Appreciate that I can choose whether or not to include reply on each email but would be much faster to has this done automatically.

Is there such an option in Apple Mail? If not, is there a plug-in that adds it?

I.e. Other email programmes automatically include the signature on your first message but don't bother needlessly adding them on subsequent messages in the chain. Can Apple Mail do this?

Cheers

Charlie

How do I stop Apple (OSX) Mail automatically adding me email signature to replies?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.