Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I forced quit Mackeeper and turned off my Macbook. What should I do next?

I just know after install it that I shouldn't have downloaded it in the first place.

So, I tried to force quit and it's work! but when I tried to restart, it said Your computer can't be restarted now, because software is being installed so I held the Power button until my computer turned off.

When I turned on my computer again, I think there's nothing different but l'm worry that Mackeeper is still in my computer. What should I do next?

MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2016), iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 18, 2017 5:33 AM

4 replies

Nov 18, 2017 6:04 AM in response to shikamoko

You should delete the app all together next.
Good thing you know how to force quit the app (it can be a nag to delete when it's still active).

Go to finder, open your applications folder and look for the mackeeper icon there.
Either drag the icon to the trashcan in the dock/ <ctrl> left click it and select "delete/remove/uninstall".

macOS Sierra: Install, update, and uninstall apps

Uninstall apps

You can uninstall apps you got from the App Store, from other websites, or from discs. You can’t uninstall apps that are part of macOS, such as Safari and Mail.

• Apps downloaded from the App Store: Click the Launchpad icon User uploaded file in the Dock, position the pointer over an app’s icon, press and hold until all the icons begin to jiggle, then click the app’s Delete button User uploaded file. If you later want the app, you can reinstall it from the App Store.

If an icon doesn’t have a Delete button, it can’t be uninstalled in Launchpad. For more information about Launchpad, see Use Launchpad to view and open apps.

• Other apps: In the Finder sidebar, click Applications, then do one of the following:
    • If an app is in a folder, open the app’s folder to check for an Uninstaller. If you see Uninstall App or App Uninstaller, double-click it and follow the onscreen instructions.

• If an app isn’t in a folder or doesn’t have an Uninstaller, drag the app from the Applications folder to the Trash (located at the end of the Dock), then choose Finder > Empty Trash.

If you change your mind before emptying the Trash, select the app in the Trash, then choose File > Put Back.

WARNING: When you empty the Trash, the app is permanently removed from your Mac. If you have any files that you created with the app, you may not be able to open them.

I forced quit Mackeeper and turned off my Macbook. What should I do next?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.