Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to change my apple ID to an email thats already an alternate? What do I need to do?

I want to change my Apple ID from a verizon.net to iCloud.com email address but the iCloud.com email address I want to switch to is already an alternate and the system won't let me switch. What should I do?

MacBook Air

Posted on Nov 18, 2017 4:48 AM

1 reply

Nov 18, 2017 6:04 AM in response to JohnnyL660

See if the steps in the below articles help. Normally, you can't switch to an e-mail associated with an Apple ID. You can try contacting Apple ID support if you have further questions.

Apple ID Name Change

Apple ID email address or password - What to do after you change I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2)

Apple Support by e-mail or chat Select your device, Battery, Power and Charging, then Power adapter not working to get a chat option. If you need to talk to them, ask them if they will do a Skype or FaceTime with you.

Apple Support using Twitter

I want to change my apple ID to an email thats already an alternate? What do I need to do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.