Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

upgrade to iOS 11.1.2 stuck 'press home to upgrade'

hi

after trying to upgrade to iOS 11.1.2, I get white screen with 'press Home to upgrade'

I enter my passcode and get a white screen with black Apple logo and progress bar.

The bar 'fills up' to a couple of pixels from end and stays that way for hours.

When I connect to iTunes, I cannot access phone as 'Find my phone' is enabled.

On iCloud.com, my 6plus is not shown on 'Find all devices'

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 11.1, 11.1.2

Posted on Nov 18, 2017 6:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2017 1:47 PM

Hi fm1971!

I understand that your iPhone appears to be stuck in the process of updating the iOS software, and I'm happy to help. First, try forcing the iPhone to restart:

On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won‘t turn on or is frozen
If you're still having this issue after forcing it to restart, you can follow these instructions:
If you can‘t update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.
Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2017 1:47 PM in response to fm1971

Hi fm1971!

I understand that your iPhone appears to be stuck in the process of updating the iOS software, and I'm happy to help. First, try forcing the iPhone to restart:

On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won‘t turn on or is frozen
If you're still having this issue after forcing it to restart, you can follow these instructions:
If you can‘t update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.
Cheers!

upgrade to iOS 11.1.2 stuck 'press home to upgrade'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.