Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Crackling sound on iPhone X

Is anyone else experiencing a prominent crackling sound on phone calls with their iPhone X? I updated to 11.1.2 but the problem is still there. I see from a Google search that I'm not the only one, but I haven't heard if anyone has come up with a fix.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.1), Late 2016 with Touchbar

Posted on Nov 18, 2017 5:24 AM

4 replies

Nov 22, 2017 8:55 PM in response to BocaBoy

I am having the same issue. Apple has not yet responded about it. It is all over MacRumors forums. Nearly 15 pages worth of people having this issue. People are saying that they walk into Apple stores and all the display models are suffering from the same issue. A couple people have found few display models that do not suffer from it. Its very irritating for such an expensive device. I have been through two phone that suffer the issue. I am curious on wether its a software issue or hardware issue. As a side note, I thought all of these screens were supposed to be calibrated? My second replacement was noticeably warmer and greener than my first. Such crap.

Crackling sound on iPhone X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.