Related Article

If you can't connect a Bluetooth accessory to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: My MacBook Air updated to OS High Sierra yesterday and now the Bluetooth connection to my Silhouette Cameo 3 is no longer working. Worked great up until this point. I upgraded the firmware on the Cameo and have turned off the Bluetooth on both.

Cameo 3 Bluetooth issue after OS update

MacBook Air, iOS 11.1

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 23, 2017 7:37 AM in response to DebStratton In response to DebStratton

This was also happening to me on my Macbook Pro/Cameo 3. I was able to get this going via USB by turning off the Cameo and quitting designer studio. Now open designer studio first and then turn on the Cameo. My Cameo went into status green "Ready" I was able to cut. Unfortunately the Bluetooth is still not working.

Nov 23, 2017 7:37 AM

Reply Helpful

Jan 11, 2018 6:49 PM in response to DebStratton In response to DebStratton

Every single time there's an OS update, Silhouette Studio breaks. And it takes them months to get it working again, just in time for another update. They must outsource their software development to the lowest bidder, because they make no effort whatsoever to be ready for these changes. The first developer builds were in June, and it was released to the public in November. Now High Sierra is effectively mandatory to get the latest security fixes. There's absolutely no excuse for Silhouette continuing to sell software that doesn't work properly on 10.13.

Jan 11, 2018 6:49 PM

Reply Helpful (4)
User profile for user: DebStratton

Question: My MacBook Air updated to OS High Sierra yesterday and now the Bluetooth connection to my Silhouette Cameo 3 is no longer working. Worked great up until this point. I upgraded the firmware on the Cameo and have turned off the Bluetooth on both.