Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what is ryastatic.rockyou.net

All of a sudden I am getting 6 or 7 pop ups at once to verify ryastatic.rockyou.net. I never saw it before and I can't find anything out about it on line. Does anyone know what this is and if I need it, or if it's malware or a virus? If it's some kind of malware how do I get rid of it? Please help! I can not negotiate Facebook without it coming up.

Posted on Nov 18, 2017 5:58 AM

3 replies

Nov 18, 2017 7:00 AM in response to m gale

Is this only happening on Facebook?

Safari/Preferences/Advanced - enable the Develop menu, then go there and Empty Caches. Quit/reopen Safari and test.

Then try Safari/History/Show History and delete all history items showing that web site address by control - clicking on the entry, the select delete.

Go to Safari Preferences/Extensions and turn all extensions off. Test. If okay, turn the extensions on one by one until you figure out what extension is causing the problem.

Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J. When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder. Select Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/Cache.db and move it to the trash.

If that doesn't work, try running this program in your normal account , then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by etresoft, a frequent contributor. Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. On the screen with Options, please open Options and check the bottom 2 boxes before running. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy Report” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown.

Etrecheck – System Information

Nov 19, 2017 1:23 AM in response to m gale

Do you use any security software like Norton/Symantec?

This name resembles another .com domain name.

Use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac to remove malware.

https://www.malwarebytes.org/antimalware/mac/

Click the "Free Download" button, install, open, and run it by clicking “Scan” button to remove adware.

Once done, quit Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac.

Install guide: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1817

The installer may ask you to allow it in System Preferences > Security & Privacy. Allow it.

Reselect your search engine, reset homepage and disable all extensions.

Restart your Mac.

what is ryastatic.rockyou.net

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.