Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

This update is for issues on IPhone X Do I need to update my IPhone 8?

This update was written as a fix for the iPhone X and the issues that users are experiencing. I have a iPhone 8, do I need, or is it useful to download and install on my 8 Plus. The 8 Plus I have works without any problems, the ‘live’ photos it takes are amazing and sense I upgraded from a 6, I’m just discovering the possibilities using the 3D Touch technology.! But back to my question, do I need or want to install software that wasn’t written for my 8?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 11.0.2, If it’s not broke don’t fix it!

Posted on Nov 18, 2017 6:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2017 8:30 PM

Hey BJPMAN!

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. I understand you're curious about the recent software updates that have been focused on the iPhone X, so let me see if I can clear things up. While some of the updates may have various bugs more relevant to the iPhone X in mind, it doesn't necessarily mean there aren't any improvements they can offer to other iPhone models as well. It's a good idea to keep up with updates as they're released, and it's an even better idea to create a back up before starting any of the updates. Here's how that's done: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Creating a back up beforehand is a great way to ensure that your data is secure, just in case something happens while you're updating. I hope this helps you decide how to handle them moving forward. Cheers!
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 18, 2017 8:30 PM in response to BJPMAN

Hey BJPMAN!

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. I understand you're curious about the recent software updates that have been focused on the iPhone X, so let me see if I can clear things up. While some of the updates may have various bugs more relevant to the iPhone X in mind, it doesn't necessarily mean there aren't any improvements they can offer to other iPhone models as well. It's a good idea to keep up with updates as they're released, and it's an even better idea to create a back up before starting any of the updates. Here's how that's done: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Creating a back up beforehand is a great way to ensure that your data is secure, just in case something happens while you're updating. I hope this helps you decide how to handle them moving forward. Cheers!

Nov 18, 2017 8:37 PM in response to AppleJoe

Hey! Thanks for the quick response and suggestion. I’ll follow your advice and backup my phone then go ahead and run the update. Not a tech guy by any imagination, hack and flounder around in the Software and General New Age (born 54) things we deal with to live in this age. Kinda get that software updates are like builds, they’re layered (?) to a point, not a good idea to leap frog over one and install another in the line. Then again..? I could be so wrong that I just made the most assinign statement for everyone and their mother to get a good laugh out of. ;^~)

Thanks Again

This update is for issues on IPhone X Do I need to update my IPhone 8?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.