Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro - Cannot sign in to Apple ID - server error

I have a 15" MacBook Pro that is two years old. I paid over $2,000 for this machine because I added RAM and increased the hard drive capacity over the stock model. The "S" key stopped working on my keyboard so I went to the Apple Store and they told me it would cost $800 to install a new keyboard. I did not want to invest that kind of money in the machine because I am becoming disenchanted with the quality of the past two Macs I have had. The prior Mac was a standard MacBook and after having that machine only two years the display became distorted. I checked that problem online and found it to be a known issue with the model MacBook I had. I took the machine to the Apple Store and they refused to repair it because there was a small scratch on the outside cover of the laptop and they claimed that the scratch must have put pressure on the screen and caused my issue. Really??? So I bought this machine.

Here is my current problem. My laptop password happens to contain two letters "S". Since I didn't want to spend $800 on a new keyboard the Apple Store sold me an external keyboard for $100. I took that home and, for a few days, I was able to sign in to my MacBook Pro. Then it started shaking its head every time I entered my password. I tried using the external keyboard in both modes - wireless and through a USB port - all to no avail. My machine just keeps shaking its head. I selected the option to change my laptop password using my Apple ID. When I enter the ID and password I consistently get a message saying there was a server error - try again later. Well I've been trying for three week now. I signed into my Apple account on another computer and the password works just fine there. I am at the end of my rope. I don't know what else to do. Can anyone help me?

MacBook Pro 15"

Posted on Nov 18, 2017 6:48 AM

There are no replies.

MacBook Pro - Cannot sign in to Apple ID - server error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.