Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Uploading Photos to iCloud

So I've got in a bit of a muddle with my photos. Currently in our house we have:

• A 200GB iCloud Storage Plan
  • 2 x Iphones (latest IOS) and an iPad Air 2 with seperate Apple IDs but family sharing on. We regularly take photos and videos on all of these. All are syncing/backing up to iCloud
  • Macbook Pro 2013 with docs syncing to iCloud
  • A Windows 8.1 PC with a large quantity (around 80gb) of photos on an external Hard drive in folders by years. This PC has ICloud Drive but as far as I know no photos are syncing up to iCloud. However within my Windows photos folder I also have a iCloud Photos folder which looks to have photos from one of the iPhones up until a couple of months ago (no idea why!).

The PC also stores a lot of our music so we use it to sync via USB to the iPhones through iTunes.

What I am trying to achieve is to move all the photos from the PC into iCloud in a sorted way so that I can access/edit them in MacBook photos, through the iPhones/Ipad, back them to iCloud, view on the PC and not clog up any of the individual devices storage.

Can anyone offer a route through??

Thanks!

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Nov 18, 2017 6:52 AM

There are no replies.

Uploading Photos to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.