Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes Installation issues

I had ITunes on system before hard drive crash, got new hard drive and started installing software, and since IPhone uses ITunes and I had ITunes 12.6 on old hard drive, I installed it, but when started, the Apple Mobile Support was from "older" install.

My system is Win 10, and I uninstalled, cleaned it, restarted, and cleaned it, and restarted and then reinstalled, SAME problem. I researched reliable Apple Communities and Windows forums for any correction that can be made to install. Bottom line, NOTHING worked.

I've had ITunes for years on Win 98, Win 7, and now Win 10. If Apple and Microsoft are professional and growing, then WHY don't they play well together?

After over 15 clean installs, cleaning of registry, following others who had similar problems, I'm at my wits end. I'm not a novice, and I always find solutions UNTIL now.

Thanks for listening.

John

Windows 10

Posted on Nov 18, 2017 7:14 AM

5 replies

Nov 18, 2017 7:18 AM in response to johnthebaptist98

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. When reinstalling right click on the downloaded setup file and use run as administrator. It may also help to temporarily disable any non-Microsoft anti-virus.

Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, or want to revert to an older version if the current one won't work properly for you at the moment.

Your library and device backups should be unaffected by these steps but there are links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

Nov 19, 2017 6:29 AM in response to johnthebaptist98

Hi John,

What anti-virus software, if any, do have installed? There have been several cases where it has taken completely uninstalling the AV package before iTunes could be installed. Have you tried creating a fresh administrator account and installing from there instead of your regular user account? Have you tried the component-wise install method in the second paragraph of the Install missing components section?

tt2

Dec 5, 2017 8:10 AM in response to turingtest2

Hi,

I did a suggestion of old, after cleaning ITunes from everywhere, regedit removal of keys, complete clean of system, clean and or repair of system, and finally defragging and restart, I installed ITunes 12.1.1 and it took as of now. I will refuse updates of Itunes for a while, but at least it can back up my IPhone, and that security is what I desired.

Thank you for your many suggestions to many people in absolutely stuck situations.

John

Itunes Installation issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.