Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my photos are gone

I downloaded the new iOS on my iPhone 7 Plus and when I turned it back on, my phone started acting like a new phone. So I restored it from my back up from iCloud I had done last night. When I turned on my phone, everything was back to normal except I had no photos. Now when I go on the photos app, it's empty and memories says "updating...".

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 11.1.2

Posted on Nov 18, 2017 7:12 AM

1 reply

Nov 19, 2017 3:31 PM in response to daniaizenman

Hey daniaizenman!

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. I understand you're concerned about your photos disappearing after you restored from your back up. Typically, this sort of thing is the result of your network connection getting interrupted before the restore could complete. Try restarting your iPhone to see if you can kickstart the process again: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Once it reboots, wait a little while to see if the photos start showing up. If not, try restoring from that back up again, but this time, make sure the device stays connected to the same Wi-Fi network throughout the entire process, and that the network doesn't get reset or disabled. Here's some information about restoring from a back up, just in case: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Be mindful that restoring from a back up can take a while, especially depending on the number of photos you're restoring, so it might need some time before everything is back on your iPhone as it should be. That should take care of it for you, but be sure to keep me posted so I can keep working on this with you if need be.

Cheers!

my photos are gone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.