Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing "Junk" to "Not Junk" in Mail

I find many messages in my Junk folder that are Not Junk. I see no way to change their status other than one-by-one. An earlier post on this topic elicited a response that said to select the message then click on the Not Junk icon in the tool bar. I find no such icon. There is one that moves messages to the Inbox. That is also an option in the context menu. I don't want to move messages to the Inbox. I want to mark them as Not Junk.

Thanks,

MacBook Air, macOS High Sierra (10.13.1)

Posted on Nov 18, 2017 7:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2017 2:07 PM

There is neither a Junk or Not Junk button anymore.

There is a single button that will Move the message to the Junk folder or Move a message from the Junk folder to the Inbox. The net result is the same as the Junk or Not Junk button. The new button looks like a trash can with an X in it.

6 replies

Nov 19, 2017 2:56 PM in response to tbirdvet

tbirdvet wrote:

At the top menu bar that has del, not junk, print ,reply, reply all, forward, flag, etc. You can customize the menu bar as you like by right clicking and picking "customize bar". I show both junk and no junk (I always have).

Ahh, the toolbar.

If you have the toolbar text on, it does show Junk and Not Junk, but the help text bubble only shows Move selected messages to Junk or to Inbox. The menu commands are the same.

That button label appears to be the only remnants of the Junk/Not Junk wording.

Changing "Junk" to "Not Junk" in Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.