Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: In Pages, i calculate duration Today - fixed start date=weeks-days. How can I get the answer in years and decimal years?

In Pages, I calculate duration=TODAY-fixed start date. The result is in "weeks, days". How can I format the result in years and decimal years?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

The Duration function does not offer years and decimal year arguments. However, if you subtract Today from a future date/time value, then the YEARFRAC function will give you a result in years and decimal years to the number of decimals that you configure in the cell number format.

YEARFRAC(B1, A1, 1)

User uploaded file

Posted on

Page content loaded

Question marked as Solved

Nov 18, 2017 9:01 AM in response to RBAT2 In response to RBAT2

The Duration function does not offer years and decimal year arguments. However, if you subtract Today from a future date/time value, then the YEARFRAC function will give you a result in years and decimal years to the number of decimals that you configure in the cell number format.

YEARFRAC(B1, A1, 1)

User uploaded file

Nov 18, 2017 9:01 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: RBAT2

Question: In Pages, i calculate duration Today - fixed start date=weeks-days. How can I get the answer in years and decimal years?