Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing Music/Glitch??

I use to buy and download all my music. but when apple music came out couple years ago i been downloading music off that. but when apple music had me update my music to iCloud thats when all my music on my Mac has went to crap. So a lot of my music had a ! with a cloud around it and it would never play. so i googled it and told me to "update iCloud music library. i did that and most went away but now where the track number should be next to the song it now has a ! with a circle around it. if you click on the song to play it an error pops up "The Song (Song Name) could not be used because the original file could not be found. Would you like to locate it?" and my options are locate and cancel. if i hit locate it brings up files to locate the song but if i hit cancel the ! with the circle around it goes away and the song starts playing then the cloud with the down arrow appears and then will let me download it from the cloud. i have about 4000 songs in my library and about 70% of my songs are like this. any idea how to fix this?

Thanks,

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017), macOS High Sierra (10.13.1)

Posted on Nov 18, 2017 10:01 AM

There are no replies.

Missing Music/Glitch??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.