Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: For how long can i delay Workout sync to iphone

This is the case.

My iphone8 fell out of my pocket (that phone has no grip at all) an the screen crcked slightly and i need to fix it.

But this is the issue i got insuranse but it demands that i hand in the phone.

I am on a 167 day workout streak (and not a simple to reach goal) and i dont want to loose it.

For how long can i go without syncing the watch to the phone without loosing my streak?

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 18, 2017 9:07 AM in response to Mattis Andreas In response to Mattis Andreas

Hi

Apple advises backing up and erasing your iPhone before it sending in for service:

Get your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ready for service - Apple Support

Once your iPhone has been erased, in order to be able to pair it with your Apple Watch again, your Apple Watch will also need to be erased.

I suggest that you unpair your Apple Watch just before backing up and erasing your iPhone, in order that you have an up to date backup of your Apple Watch as at that time - see the support article above, under the heading "Before you send your device".

In order to retain Health and Activity data be sure to back up your iPhone via an encrypted backup. iCloud backups are encrypted as standard. If backing up via iTunes, select the option to Encrypt iPhone backup.

It will not be possible to retain any data that may be accumulated on your Apple Watch between the point at which Activity data was last synced to the iPhone and the iPhone was backed up (via an encrypted backup) and the point at which your Apple Watch is erased and re-paired to your repaired or replaced iPhone.

Nov 18, 2017 9:07 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 18, 2017 9:14 AM in response to Mattis Andreas In response to Mattis Andreas

As I hoped to explain, if your iPhone is erased (and therefore unpaired from your Apple Watch) before being sent for service - as it should be - then any data that you accumulate on your Apple Watch during the period that you are without your iPhone will be lost.

You will need to erase your Apple Watch - and the new data recorded on it - before being able to pair it again.

There will not be any way to retain that data.

Nov 18, 2017 9:14 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 18, 2017 9:17 AM in response to Jonathan UK In response to Jonathan UK

I understand this...

The thing is after i take annencrypted backup and so on.... i will continue to do workouts in the days without an iphone. I can still synk to the new/repaired iphone after i restired it from a backup... no worries, i have keot my streak changing from iphone 6s to 8.

My worries is that the AW starts to delete or loose the data if not synced for a week or two so.

Nov 18, 2017 9:17 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 18, 2017 9:22 AM in response to Mattis Andreas In response to Mattis Andreas

You will not be able to retain any of the data from your workouts from the days when you do not have an iPhone.

When you receive your repaired or replacement iPhone, it will not be paired to your Apple Watch.

Once you have restored your iPhone from your backup, you will then need to pair your Apple Watch to the iPhone.

In order to do that, you will need to erase your Apple Watch - along with all data that you recorded on it whilst you did not have your iPhone.

Nov 18, 2017 9:22 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Mattis Andreas

Question: For how long can i delay Workout sync to iphone