Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Static on Bluetooth Audio Streaming from iPhone 7 Plus

I have an iPhone 7 Plus with the latest software (11.1.2) that has an issue with audio quality while streaming through Bluetooth.

The audio has really bad static. The static is present while streaming to multiple devices and from multiple audio sources. I've tested streaming to a factory car audio system as well as a Bose Bluetooth speaker. I've also tried streaming from Spotify and music directly on the iPhone. Connecting directly with a cable produces no static. The static is only there with Bluetooth streaming.

I've tried restarting the iPhone while holding down the volume button. I've tried turning the Bluetooth off and back on. The static remains.

How can I go about fixing this problem? It's driving me crazy.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 11.0.3

Posted on Nov 18, 2017 9:00 AM

2 replies

Nov 19, 2017 6:17 AM in response to eeboarder

Hello eeboarder,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that while streaming music via Bluetooth there is static. First, check to make sure there is no interference from other objects which could be contributing to the static. This article has some very helpful information about interference: Potential sources of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth interference - Apple Support

Second, make sure that all the steps in the beginning of this article have been completed: If you can't connect a Bluetooth accessory to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Use these steps first

If you want to share files between your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac, try using AirDrop.

To get help connecting Bluetooth accessories to your iOS device, follow these steps:

1. Make sure that your Bluetooth accessory and iOS device are close to each other.
  2. Check that your Bluetooth accessory is on and fully charged or connected to power. If your accessory uses batteries, see if they need to be replaced.
  3. Restart your Bluetooth accessory.
  4. Make sure that your iOS device is up to date.
  5. On your iOS device, go to Settings > Bluetooth and make sure that Bluetooth is on. If you can’t turn on Bluetooth or you see a spinning gear, restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  6. Unpair the Bluetooth accessory, put it back in discovery mode, then pair and connect it again.

If the issue persists, let us know so we can provider further steps to assist you.

Best Regards.

Static on Bluetooth Audio Streaming from iPhone 7 Plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.