Question: No applications work after update to High Sierra
I've updated to High Sierra, all went well during the update.
When the update was done all (and when I say all, I mean all) applications stopped working.
I can not even open system preferences.
My computer is an early 2011 macbook 13", 2,7 GHz, i7, 8 GB RAM
Things I've tried:
- I cant copy/move/copy items to other folder or external USB's
- I can open finder and look any folder.
- I can start/restart the computer.
- When I try to open any program/application the message I get is "you can't open the application [insert any app name here] because it may be damaged or incomplete."
- I've tried to open time machine without any luck.
- I can't open system preferences.
I know I know I should just buy a new one but if you want to discuss your/mine view on life, my current situation, my needs when using the laptop we can do that with you in private 😉
I was posting here in hope anyone here might have some idea for a solution or maybe the same issue?
All the best!
MacBook Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.1)