Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I delete photos from the iCloud folder on my PC, will they remain on my iPhone and my iCloud, or will they automatically be deleted from those as well?

If I delete photos from the iCloud folder on my PC, will they remain on my iPhone and my iCloud, or will they automatically be deleted from those as well? I need to free up space on my computer, but want the pictures to stay on my phone and iCloud.

iPhone 6s, iOS 10.3.3

Posted on Nov 18, 2017 10:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2017 6:09 AM

Your PC is the exception in how iCloud Photo Library works. If you deleted from your iPhone or from iCloud.com the deletions would sync between those devices but if you delete from your PC, they won't be deleted from iCloud or your other devices. See the following from Get help with iCloud Photos on your Windows PC - Apple Support

When you delete photos and videos from your Apple device or on iCloud.com, they won't delete from your PC. And when you delete a photo or video on your PC, they won't delete in iCloud Photo Library.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 21, 2017 6:09 AM in response to Threemorethings

Your PC is the exception in how iCloud Photo Library works. If you deleted from your iPhone or from iCloud.com the deletions would sync between those devices but if you delete from your PC, they won't be deleted from iCloud or your other devices. See the following from Get help with iCloud Photos on your Windows PC - Apple Support

When you delete photos and videos from your Apple device or on iCloud.com, they won't delete from your PC. And when you delete a photo or video on your PC, they won't delete in iCloud Photo Library.

If I delete photos from the iCloud folder on my PC, will they remain on my iPhone and my iCloud, or will they automatically be deleted from those as well?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.