Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where are my apps? And other accessibility issues

i have used an imac for over a decade but I'm new to ipad. I just got my brand new ipad pro 10.5" and at first I felt stupid for wondering where my installed apps were... but after a web search for that I am in disbelief... is apple srsly saying that this $1200 device requires a freaking search or connection to itunes to just see the stuf I've installed?!? How is there not just an icon added for each? Or even one app where the installed apps are listed? It seems i can automate my home lighting but can't just easily view what i deemed important? Come on now...

I am really hoping that i am dumb and it is actually easy. I shouldn't need to search or do multiple click throughs to just use what i installed.

So far, this is a very expensive disappointment. I got this thing to assist me with accessibility issues but apparently Apple seems to think that doesn't apply to much more than contrast or font size. I am needing to do more to achieve easy things. More steps does not help people who need it to be accessible. I ought to be able to just look in one place for my apps.... i mean if i put them there why isnt that important?

I don't see a way to remove useless 3rd party icons from the tray in safari and add in ones i actually use - ie. bye bye flickr and hello instagram. I apparently can't customize my keyboard. The predictive text seems dyslexic at best. None of this inspires confidence in my purchase. Having to switch to just get an apostrophe or hyphen is slowing me down on what is advertised as helping ppl do better. "Do more" shouldn't mean it requires more steps for basic tasks.

I really need this device to help me... if this is as good as it gets i will be selling it pretty quick. If i am just missing key info I will be thrilled to be wrong

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, iOS 11.1, Brand new

Posted on Nov 18, 2017 10:03 AM

4 replies

Nov 18, 2017 10:12 AM in response to martians8myMac

I would suggest at least three things before you decide to sell your new iPad Pro:

1. Apple provides a free user guide to help new iPad users to get familiar with the device and its installed apps.
  2. Take Control Books provides a number of inexpensive eBooks that cover a number of iPad / iOS-related topics that you may find useful.
  3. Make an appointment at your local Apple Store to have them provide you with some "one-on-one" time with a staff member to assist you through its use or answer any of your questions.

Nov 18, 2017 11:13 AM in response to martians8myMac

You're not stuck. You always have the option to either provide additional information or ask questions as you like. You can also start a whole new post if you have another topic that you want covered.

I'm just trying to let you know you have options when you are not familiar with using your iPad. The more you can tell us what the issue(s) you are having, the better we can try to address it here. We can only go on what you port. Trust me, we are not mind readers. Remember, we are all Apple-product users just like yourself. Apple representative, may or may not respond to user posts.

Nov 18, 2017 2:59 PM in response to martians8myMac

Hi martians8myMac. The icons for the apps on your iPad are on the Home screen, possibly several pages, if you swipe. Apps that aren't there you can get from the App Store, using its icon.

You cannot customize the built-in software keyboard, but there are many 3rd party keyboard apps available. I use PadKeys, which gives a normal desktop-style keyboard. But you should look for something that suits you.

I don't know what you mean by the "tray" in Safari. You can delete bookmarks by tapping the Edit while viewing them. And you can create a new bookmark by tapping the Share icon (box with arrow pointing up) while viewing the page, and selecting the option.

As you say, your device is expensive. You should schedule an appointment at an Apple store for some hands-on assistance.

Where are my apps? And other accessibility issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.