Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: How to sync pictures folder(s) with photos library

I've recently been getting to grips with the Photos application on my iMac and so far I've managed to achieve the following:

- Set up a new Photos library which doesn't sync with iCloud

- Import some of my existing photos that are saved locally in Pictures within a folder structure that I maintain

- Stop the imported files being saved twice within the new Photos library (through preferences and unticking "copy items to the Photos library"

Now, here's the bit that I would like some support with - I would like to be able to synchronise the folders and files within the Pictures folder with the equivalent album folders within the Photos app. So, for example, if I added a new file to a folder within the Pictures folder, it would automatically be imported to the correct album folder within Photos. The same for deleting or moving files. As far as I can see, this isn't possible and achieving this would mean manually importing any new files into Photos that I have copied into the Pictures folder which seems like a lot of effort! Any help or input on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

iMac, iOS 11.1, null

Posted on

Page content loaded

There are no replies.
User profile for user: nrc.steedman

Question: How to sync pictures folder(s) with photos library