Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos not showing all pictures in Library

I updated my Macbook Pro to Photos when Photos was introduced, and it has worked well for me. Two days ago, however, Photos began to misbehave by not showing pictures in the Photos Library which had been taken after mid-2015. Until this, these pictures had displayed correctly. The Mac's OS is up to date. I repaired the Photos library, and restored the Photos library from a Time Machine backup, and restated in Safe Mode. Photos continues to not display these pictures. My pictures are managed only locally; iCloud is not involved.

I have a second Mac, a Macbook Air I use for travel. For a consistent user environment, the Air runs the same software as the Macbook Pro, macOS 10.12.6 and Photos 2.0. Photos on the Air correctly displays the entire library of photos, including those taken after mid-2015. I copied the Photos Library from the Air (~/Pictures), and replaced the Macbook Pro's Photos library with the Air's file. With the Air's library installed, the Macbook Pro's Photos continues to truncate and doesn't display pictures from after mid-2015. I repaired this Library (launch Photos while holding command and option) but Photos' misbehavior on the Macbook Pro continued.

What else might I try? Is there a preferences or cache I should discard?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro, macOS Sierra (10.12.6), null

Posted on Nov 18, 2017 10:39 AM

1 reply

Photos not showing all pictures in Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.