Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MAC Mini High Sierra Upgrade Issues

I recently upgraded my MAC mini to High Sierra from my previous version of OSX-MAC 10.9.5. This was recommended to perhaps solve the problem of my webcam not functioning properly with my MAC mini (Yes the webcam was recommended for my device).

Now, I'm having all sorts of compatibility issues with my other devices like my TASCAM US-1800 Audio Interface (not compatible with this operating system). And now my display keeps changing and expanding off the screen, and I have to constantly change the options to actually see my Status bar at the top.

This is so frustrating. I have been trying to figure out a way to return to my previous operating system, but to no avail. Forget the webcam! I just want my previous version back so that my other devices and software will work like it used to.

HELP!

Mac mini (Late 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), 13F1911

Posted on Nov 18, 2017 11:14 AM

9 replies

Nov 18, 2017 11:57 AM in response to JayMac3000

Not unless your computer is pre-2011. Now the system is pre-installed from the factory. You can always reinstall that original system:

Install Lion Through Yosemiteon a New HDD/SDD

Be sure you backup your files.

1. Restart the computer and after the chime press and hold down the Command-Option-R keys until a globe appears. Wait patiently - 5-15 minutes - until the Utility Menu appears.
  2. Select Disk Utility from the Utility Menu and click on the Continue button.
  3. After Disk Utility loads select the drive (usually, this is the out-dented entry with the mfgr.'s ID and size) from the side list. Click on the Erase tab in Disk Utility’s main window. A drop-down panel will appear.
  4. Set the partition scheme to GUID then click. Set the Format type to Mac OS Extended (Journaled.) Click on the OK button and wait for the process to finish. Quit Disk Utility and return to the Utility Menu.
  5. Select Install OS X from the Utility Menu and click on the Continue button.

This should install the original system that was pre-installed at the factory.

Nov 18, 2017 12:15 PM in response to JayMac3000

I would suggest you simply copy your files and data to an external or another disk drive. Once done you can restore them. In your Home folder, the folders you want to backup are Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Movies, Music, and Pictures. Do not bother with the Library folder.

When you have finished installing OS X a Setup Assistant will appear in which you can migrate/transfer your user account, third-party applications and support files, and system preferences to the new system. To do that you need the old system transferred to an external or another disk drive.

MAC Mini High Sierra Upgrade Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.