Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: High Sierra install failure with APFS, MacBook mid 2010

I just picked a used mid 2010 MacBook in good shape to use as a utility/spare machine. 2.4 cpu, 8 gigs ram, 120 GB SSD.

Wiped the hard drive and tried to do a fresh install of 10.13.1 but it won’t boot after installing if I use the APFS format. (Gray folder with question mark on boot) Seems to work fine with HFS+ but runs sluggishly. Suggestions? Thx

Posted on

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Nov 18, 2017 1:16 PM in response to JFCGTR In response to JFCGTR

Mac 11 inch Mid 2013 can not upgrade to High Sierra.

Issue: always show the Prohibitory logo when try to install the High Sierra, can not boot to install.
Should re-install Sierra on Recovery to solve.

Tried:
- Clean install Sierra then upgrade (not work)
- Safe boot (not work).

Very stupid. Will not buy the apple again. have no issue on upgrade on another OS.
I have alot off issues when upgrade OS and upgrade software of Apple.

Nov 18, 2017 1:16 PM

Reply Helpful
Question marked as Helpful

Nov 18, 2017 1:47 PM in response to baloctran In response to baloctran

You thread jacked JFCGTR's thread. You should start your own thread where you will get focused assistance. It makes it difficult to help someone when more than one issue dilutes the thread.

Nov 18, 2017 1:47 PM

Reply Helpful (1)
User profile for user: JFCGTR

Question: High Sierra install failure with APFS, MacBook mid 2010