Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Use of confidential information in IDS when logging in FaceTime

Having issues logging into FaceTime. After logging in with apple ID, pop up window would ask if "FaceTime wants to use confidential information stored in "IDS" in your keychain". Whatever selection I make it takes me back to log on window. Need assistance.

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 18, 2017 2:24 PM in response to zinacef In response to zinacef

thank you. I've tried each one and still no change. i did try using another apple id to sign in and the message didn't appear until I logged out and used the original apple id. i wonder if has something to do with the actual apple id. I'll try to create another apple id.

Nov 18, 2017 2:24 PM

Reply Helpful

Nov 18, 2017 5:18 PM in response to ericiyn In response to ericiyn

Someone I know had this happen and I was able to sign in usingmy Apple ID. After a call to Apple Support and then being elevated to a tier 2 support person, it turned out it was a problem with their Apple ID. It took the software engineers 3-4 days to fix the problem. When calling Apple, make sure you tell them it is an Apple ID problem so you don't get charged.

There is a contact link.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2)

Apple Support by e-mail or chat Select your device, Battery, Power and Charging, then Power adapter not working to get a chat option.

Nov 18, 2017 5:18 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: ericiyn

Question: Use of confidential information in IDS when logging in FaceTime