Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

podcast

I would like to know if anyone else is have an issue of when stopping/pausing a podcast Apple Music automatically starts playing.

Having this problem on an iPhone 8 running iOS 11.1

iPhone 8, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 18, 2017 12:35 PM

3 replies

Nov 19, 2017 8:04 AM in response to SirBenedict

Hi SirBenedict,
Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. It looks like no one has responded yet to your question. If you could provide the following information, it may help the community respond:
1. What exact version of iOS is your iPhone 8 running? The most recent version is iOS 11.1.2. (Find the software version on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support)
2. Are you using the Apple Podcasts app, or a different/third-party app?
3. How are you stopping/pausing the podcast (directly within the app, from Now Playing in the Control Center, using an external remote or in-line controls on headphones, etc)? Does the same thing happen if you try it with each of these different controls?
Cheers!

Nov 20, 2017 7:38 AM in response to jeremy_v

Hello jeremy_v

thanks for your hopeful help

I have had the issue since purchasing the phone but at present am running 11.1.1 actually just realized of the update when reading this response.

I use the Apple Podcast app and always have as well as iTunes

The onIy time I have this issue is when stopping/pause using the on-line controls on my apple headphones. I go to pause/stop to say speak to someone and right away the last song playing will start. Never had the issue before.

All other form of stopping the app work fine but us the earphone controls for connivence.

Cheers!

podcast

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.