Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Just upgraded to High Sierra and am now receiving an 70012 "valid dvd drive could not be found" error. Any ideas to fix this?

So a couple of days ago I upgraded to High Sierra, and now I am getting an initialization error code of 70012 "valid dvd drive could not be found."

I am using an external DVD drive on my iMac since the internal one broke a few years ago (the physical part that ejects the disc snapped) and has since been removed.

I had this same error occur when I upgraded to El Capitan and had found a solution on this board that fixed it. That same error occured when I upgraded to Sierra, and the fix for El Capitan worked in Sierra, but does not work in High Sierra. 😟

Is anyone else having an issue with using an external DVD drive, and what did you do to get it to work?

Thanks!

iMac, External DVD drive

Posted on

Page content loaded

There are no replies.
User profile for user: mtviking

Question: Just upgraded to High Sierra and am now receiving an 70012 "valid dvd drive could not be found" error. Any ideas to fix this?