Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

An error occurred while formatting the disk

I have been attempting to do BootCamp for months now. I have just gave up and then went back, and so on. I have had help from some people but it never helps. I've watched all of the tutorials and saw all of the forums. Nothing worked. Basically, I get to the select ISO image part, I put in the Windows 10 ISO file, and then click continue. It starts to load but then stops, and has this message: "Your bootable USB drive could not be created. An error occurred while formatting the disk". Please, someone help. I need all the help I can get. This is becoming extremely frustrating. I am working on getting a PC, but its going to take a while considering the price and I just need this BootCamp to work. This is on my 2nd Mac, which is a Late 2012 model. OS X El Capitan.

Posted on Nov 18, 2017 1:13 PM

1 reply

An error occurred while formatting the disk

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.