Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Alias(kindle in my case)" can't be opened because the original item can't be found

I am not a computer genius so will appreciate any help someone can give me to be able to access my kindle. I connect via usb and the kindle shows up in my finder but when I try click on it to access, I get the error message "Kindle can't be opened because the original item can't be found". I have no idea how to fix this and it all started with upgrading my software.

MacBook Air, macOS High Sierra (10.13.1)

Posted on Nov 18, 2017 12:17 PM

3 replies

Nov 18, 2017 8:26 PM in response to kathrynrb

It means what it says, the alias can't find the Kindle application. Look in your Applications folder for the Kindle application, if it's not there, then that's your answer.

If it is there, then either control-click your alias icon and select the menu item to repair the link to the application, or create a new alias for it.

"Alias(kindle in my case)" can't be opened because the original item can't be found

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.