Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating Problems

So I've attempted to update my iPhone to the latest version. Only there appear to have been connection issues, and I've been told I have unknown error (9). I've tried restoring, and now my iPhone is stuck on the connect to iTunes screen. I've tried force restarting it (holding down the power and home button), and it just takes me back to that screen. I've tried updating and updating and restoring. Takes me back to that screen. Now I can't use my phone at all because I can only get that screen. Any advice? There aren't any genius bar appointments at my local shop until Wednesday and I'd like to have a phone before then.

iPhone SE

Posted on Nov 18, 2017 2:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2017 6:49 PM

If you are using the latest version of iTunes, and you have tried everything on this page -If you see error 9, 4005, 4013, or 4014 when you restore your iOS device - Apple Support

then the genius appointment is your best bet.

2 replies

Updating Problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.