Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you delete backup files from Time Machine, since mine is full?

My Time Machine is filled to the last 1GB, and I don't need backups from 2+ years ago. So how do I delete backups for those 2-year old files in Time Machine, so I can continue backing up the newest OS High Sierra?

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.1)

Posted on Nov 18, 2017 2:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2017 3:12 PM

Open the Time Machine application and use it to delete files. Please visit Pondini's Time Machine FAQ for help with Time Machine. This is an extensive site with most everything you may need for using Time Machine. You will not find a better resource for Time Machine in one location. Due to the passing of James Pondini, the site is no longer being updated. Therefore, some of the information may be a little outdated.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 18, 2017 3:12 PM in response to olddrjake

Open the Time Machine application and use it to delete files. Please visit Pondini's Time Machine FAQ for help with Time Machine. This is an extensive site with most everything you may need for using Time Machine. You will not find a better resource for Time Machine in one location. Due to the passing of James Pondini, the site is no longer being updated. Therefore, some of the information may be a little outdated.

How do you delete backup files from Time Machine, since mine is full?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.