Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Your payment method was declined please click billing info and update your payment information"

I got the above error and tried out almost everything out there on the internet

at the outset (before you share any previous post links) let me tell you that I spent now more than 5-6 hours on the net trying to find a resolution to this and very close to giving up on this

Background

I moved from UK permanently back to India and my ID was registered in UK. I decided to change the itunes store and managed to update the country to India and access the India Apple store. I used "None" as the payment method initially and it got Accepted.

Next when I wanted to purchase an app I followed the payment process and got the error "your payment method was declined please click billing info and update your payment information" - it doesnt tell what is a payment method and the issue with it.

My card is active, all details are entered correctly, i dont have any previous unpaid dues, i dont have any recurring app purchases, there is enough balance in my account

ALSO, i tried updating payment info via - Apple Store App on Featured tab, via the main Settings page, via browser at apple.com, via itunes connected to computer and all of them give the same error

I have deleted the account from my ipad and entered in atleast 5 times and it didnt help

Sorry for the long post - but part of its sheer frustration and part of it lack of answers available online.

Cheers

Dennis

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, iOS 11.0.3, null

Posted on Nov 18, 2017 2:10 PM

1 reply

"Your payment method was declined please click billing info and update your payment information"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.