Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Midi Sustain Pedal in Garageband 10.2.0

I have a Korg SV-1 keyboard, which also acts as a MIDI controller. I just figured out today that I can connect my Korg keyboard to my mac and play sounds in Garageband using keys on my keyboard, which I have been using to play some of the organ sounds that come with Garageband, specifically the Vintage B3 organ. When I depress the sustain pedal connected to my keyboard, instead of holding out the notes, it increases the speed of the rotor cabinet, which I do not want. Is there a way I can change this without having to pay for Logic Pro X or Mainstage?

GarageBand 10, macOS High Sierra (10.13.1)

Posted on Nov 18, 2017 2:38 PM

5 replies

Nov 20, 2017 11:39 AM in response to c0ldplay3r

c0ldplay3r wrote:

the Vintage B3 organ. When I depress the sustain pedal connected to my keyboard, instead of holding out the notes, it increases the speed of the rotor cabinet

to the best of my knowledge, this is true for Logic Pro X as well; the issue is that a real B3 has no sustain pedal, so the modeled (software) B3 doesn't either.

Midi Sustain Pedal in Garageband 10.2.0

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.