Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot connect my Epson Artisan 810 printer to my MacBook OS X 10.12.6

I have a MacBook Pro, running OS X 10.12.6. I want to use my Epson Artisan 810 printer wirelessly, but no printers show up in the list when I try to add a new printer. I cannot download a driver; Epson.ca says that this is supposed to be updated automatically in the Apple printer driver files. I have tried resetting the printer system as advised by apple support online; still no printers show up in the list of available printers. What am I doing wrong?

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Late 2016, 2 TBT3), macOS Sierra (10.12.6), Printer - Epson Artisan 810

Posted on Nov 18, 2017 3:33 PM

7 replies

Nov 19, 2017 12:29 PM in response to SaraC_17West

Would it be correct to assume that you have a properly working Wi-Fi router? Router make and model?

To begin with, has the printer been added to your wireless network (see, for example, the Wireless Network Installation section in Epson's Network Installation Guide for the Artisan 810 Series)?

https://files.support.epson.com/pdf/art810/art810ng.pdf

Please check that the wireless security settings are correct.

Nov 19, 2017 12:29 PM in response to Jan Hedlund

Thanks Jan: I have double checked (and re-entered) the wifi settings. The router (Smart/RG, S/N SR505n) seems to be behaving. The settings work just fine on my iMac (running OS X 10.10.5) which connected quite happily to the printer (wirelessly), and the wifi connection on my MacBook is working for other software (including Sierra - I'm using it now 🙂). It just seems to be the printer settings for the MacBook that are giving me a problem.

Cannot connect my Epson Artisan 810 printer to my MacBook OS X 10.12.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.