Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Should the time for first charging iphone X be 8 or 12 hours?

Hi, I have just received my new iPhone X yesterday, and now it is out of battery. For the first time charging, how long should it be? Do I need to charge it for about 8 or 12 hours?

iPhone X, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 18, 2017 7:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2017 7:53 PM

It does not matter at all how long or how short a time you charge it.

12 replies

Nov 19, 2017 1:02 AM in response to seventy one

Formal? I've already seen one part that's complete bs.

"When charging iPhone 6 battery, users had better not make a call or answer a call. Otherwise you may get an electric shock".

Where's the research behind this? I can't say what I want to say, but you know that's bs. People start believing this. I've answered calls when my battery was charging and made calls. Nothing happens. But I'm using Bluetooth headphones, earbuds or the speaker. I didn't get an electric shock.

Target #4 doesn't make sense, given that a Google search will tell you it's not needed. See my previous post. If anyone wants to prove me wrong, you'd better come with a truckload of proof that can be checked.

Nov 19, 2017 1:22 AM in response to seventy one

Like I said with all due respect whoever wrote that should've at least at the minimum done a Google Search. That's also not an Apple Site. If it was, it would be https://, not http://. Right there it should be noted that it's external. Which means Apple didn't write the document. Someone else that doesn't work for Apple did. An official guide/instruction manual however does exist, and can be found on iBooks, if you do a basic search. That's official. I have one for my 6S Plus that I downloaded.

Your part on "education" does not apply because of the above.

In short, that site is not official. I'm using Firefox on my laptop. On my address bar, it says "Apple Inc. (US), with a green padlock and the page that I'm on right now. This is official. On that site that you gave, this is absent.

Double check this for yourself.

With all due respect.

Nov 19, 2017 1:34 AM in response to seventy one

You've taught me stuff. 🙂. I'm laughing now. Yes, that link to the guide is official. Even though the padlock is absent, it's replaced if you are on Firefox with an i with a circle around it (Information). This is linked from the official Apple Site.

You can also download said manual onto your iPhone from iBooks.

That one you should be able to magnify it past 4X.

Should the time for first charging iphone X be 8 or 12 hours?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.