Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Back camera black screen on iphone 8 plus

At first when I bought the phone it work just fine after a few day the back camera stop working. front cam got no issue. Any advice on how to fix it. I only bought the phone for 2 weeks

User uploaded file

Posted on Nov 18, 2017 9:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2018 1:37 AM

Hi just wondering what did you do to make it work ? Anyone fixed this ? I am having exactly the same issue. Tried everything but nothing works. :(

13 replies

Nov 19, 2017 11:59 AM in response to Kitsune13

Greetings Kitsune13,

Thanks for posting to the Apple Support Communities. I see that you’re having issues with your rear camera on your iPhone. I know how important taking pictures can be. I will be happy to help!

Take a look at this article: Get help with the camera on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

You see a closed lens or black screen

If you see a closed lens or black screen when you open the Camera app, try these steps:

1. Make sure that there’s nothing blocking the camera lens. If you’re using a case, try removing it.
  2. Force the app to close, then open the Camera app again.
  3. Restart your device, then open the Camera app again.
  4. If your device has a front and rear camera, try both cameras by tapping User uploaded file. If you see the closed lens or black screen on only one camera, take your device to an Apple Retail Store or Authorized Service Provider for more help.

Take care!

Back camera black screen on iphone 8 plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.