Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where do FaceTime photos go?

If you click the photo button in a FaceTime video call, where is that snap shot stored?

​[Re-Titled by Host]

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, macOS High Sierra (10.13.1), 15" 512GB 16GB RAM Radeon Pro 455

Posted on Nov 19, 2017 1:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2017 8:12 PM

Hi brsm1990,

I understand you'd like to to know where the photos you take during a FaceTime call are stored. I can see why you'd reach out for this information and I'm happy to help. The photos you take during a FaceTime call are saved in your Photos library:

When you’re on a FaceTime video call, you can take a Live Photo to capture a moment from the call. Both of you receive a notification that the photo was taken, and the Live Photo goes right into your Photos library. The other person on the call may need to set their FaceTime preferences to allow a Live Photo before you can take one.

You can see more information about using Live Photos during FaceTime calls here: FaceTime Help: Take a Live Photo

Best Regards.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2017 8:12 PM in response to brsm1990

Hi brsm1990,

I understand you'd like to to know where the photos you take during a FaceTime call are stored. I can see why you'd reach out for this information and I'm happy to help. The photos you take during a FaceTime call are saved in your Photos library:

When you’re on a FaceTime video call, you can take a Live Photo to capture a moment from the call. Both of you receive a notification that the photo was taken, and the Live Photo goes right into your Photos library. The other person on the call may need to set their FaceTime preferences to allow a Live Photo before you can take one.

You can see more information about using Live Photos during FaceTime calls here: FaceTime Help: Take a Live Photo

Best Regards.

Where do FaceTime photos go?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.