Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

LINE notification on Apple Watch problems

I have bought three Apple Watch series 3 Wifi for my family but all three Apple watches are unble to receive LINE App notification. The iPhone that are used to sync with Apple Watches are iPhone 8plus, iPhone 8, and iPhone 6plus where iOS are all up to date with iOS 11.1.2.

i have done all the recommended solutions like unpaired and pair again, turn both Apple Watch and iPhone off / on, turn on all notifications on both phone and Apple Watch app, wrist detection on/off, control center are all check.

Apple Watch Series 3, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 19, 2017 5:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2017 1:14 AM

Hi

If you have not yet done so, it may help to update the LINE app (a third-party app) to the latest software version:

LINE on the App Store

If any users are sharing an Apple ID, then they should stop doing so. Each user should have their own Apple ID and be signed in accordingly on their own devices.

Keep in mind that how notifications behave depends on the status of your devices and your settings. With Wrist Detection enabled, in order to bring notifications to your attention as soon as possible:

• If your iPhone is unlocked, then you will receive notification alerts on your iPhone instead of on your Apple Watch.
  • If your iPhone is locked or asleep and your Apple Watch is unlocked (regardless of whether the watch display is asleep or awake) and on your wrist, you will receive notification alerts on your watch.
  • If your Apple Watch is locked or has Do Not Disturb enabled, then notifications will go to your iPhone.
  • More information: Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Otherwise, for assistance with issues concerning use of the LINE app in conjunction with Apple Watch, I suggest that you consult the developer's app description and support resources and, if required, contact the developer for assistance:

Support resources:

Contact the developer:

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2017 1:14 AM in response to Lillykul

Hi

If you have not yet done so, it may help to update the LINE app (a third-party app) to the latest software version:

LINE on the App Store

If any users are sharing an Apple ID, then they should stop doing so. Each user should have their own Apple ID and be signed in accordingly on their own devices.

Keep in mind that how notifications behave depends on the status of your devices and your settings. With Wrist Detection enabled, in order to bring notifications to your attention as soon as possible:

• If your iPhone is unlocked, then you will receive notification alerts on your iPhone instead of on your Apple Watch.
  • If your iPhone is locked or asleep and your Apple Watch is unlocked (regardless of whether the watch display is asleep or awake) and on your wrist, you will receive notification alerts on your watch.
  • If your Apple Watch is locked or has Do Not Disturb enabled, then notifications will go to your iPhone.
  • More information: Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Otherwise, for assistance with issues concerning use of the LINE app in conjunction with Apple Watch, I suggest that you consult the developer's app description and support resources and, if required, contact the developer for assistance:

Support resources:

Contact the developer:

LINE notification on Apple Watch problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.