Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to make personal presets on Photo?

Photos 3.0 has some really interesting development tools. Very handy and powerful indeed, but it's a bit tedious to make the same modifications over and over and over. It seems that right now there's no built-in support for personal presets, like Lightroom. Is there any way to have such functionality on Photos? Maybe some kind of plug-in? Copy-and-paste is cool, but it's not the same thing.

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, macOS High Sierra (10.13.1)

Posted on Nov 20, 2017 12:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2017 5:50 AM

I am keeping an album with adjusted photos as presets.

Then I can open one of the photos on edit mode, copy the adjustment from the template photo with ⇧⌘V, and open other photos in Edit mode and stamp the copied adjustment with ⇧⌘C. We cannot batch apply the adjustment, only paste it one by one.

It seems that right now there's no built-in support for personal presets, like Lightroom. Is there any way to have such functionality on Photos?

You could get yourself Luminar 2018 as an external editor for Photos 3. You can edit it as a photo editing extension, and it has many predefined presets. You can customize your own workspace and save your own presets, It is very convenient. Right now, the App Store version of Luminar does not support external editors extension, but if you purchase directly from Luminar 2018 Photo Editor – Best Photo Editing Software for Mac & PC | Macphun

you get a version with support as a plug-in and a photo editing extension.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2017 5:50 AM in response to Marco Baroncini

Then I can open one of the photos on edit mode, copy the adjustment from the template photo with ⇧⌘V, and open other photos in Edit mode and stamp the copied adjustment with ⇧⌘C. We cannot batch apply the adjustment, only paste it one by one.

It seems that right now there's no built-in support for personal presets, like Lightroom. Is there any way to have such functionality on Photos?

You could get yourself Luminar 2018 as an external editor for Photos 3. You can edit it as a photo editing extension, and it has many predefined presets. You can customize your own workspace and save your own presets, It is very convenient. Right now, the App Store version of Luminar does not support external editors extension, but if you purchase directly from Luminar 2018 Photo Editor – Best Photo Editing Software for Mac & PC | Macphun

you get a version with support as a plug-in and a photo editing extension.

Nov 20, 2017 6:00 AM in response to léonie

léonie wrote:

This is a pretty good idea. Thanks! Anyway, having an easy-to-clik tab like the filter one would still be a better idea. I hope Apple will introduce it as soon as possibile. As for Luminar, I'll give it a shot!

How to make personal presets on Photo?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.