Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Retrieving 'Last Known Location' from iCloud after 24 hours

Hi

I am trying to retrieve the 'last known location' of my iPhone 7 prior to the battery switching off. It has been more than 24 hours since losing the phone..

I have been told that iCloud should store this information, even after the 24 hours of displaying it on the iCloud site.

How am I to access this data?

Thanks,

Jackson

iPhone 7

Posted on Nov 20, 2017 8:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2017 12:37 PM

Hi Eric

On Find my iPhone the phone says 'Offline'. I'm wondering as to whether I can access the 'Last known location' AFTER it has been changed to 'offline', as it has been over 24 hours since losing the phone.

I'm assuming apple store the data of last known location, they just don't show it after 24 hours.. how can I access this information?

Thanks!

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 21, 2017 12:37 PM in response to Eric Root

Hi Eric

On Find my iPhone the phone says 'Offline'. I'm wondering as to whether I can access the 'Last known location' AFTER it has been changed to 'offline', as it has been over 24 hours since losing the phone.

I'm assuming apple store the data of last known location, they just don't show it after 24 hours.. how can I access this information?

Thanks!

Nov 21, 2017 3:25 PM in response to KenyanPriest

Ok. So just to clarify..

How can I clarify something I did not say?

I said I would not assume what you have assumed.

I would not wait for Apple to divulge data they state is only available for "up to 24 hours" after that 24 hours has gone by.

Nobody here can or will answer your question or bring you clarity. We have access to the same documentation you do.

User uploaded file

iCloud: Locate your device

Retrieving 'Last Known Location' from iCloud after 24 hours

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.