Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 headphone adapter not working!

My headphone adapter that came in the box with my iPhone 7 broke so I decided to get a new one online. This one worked great for about 30 seconds until it told me that it did not recognise it and started to play my music from the iPhone speakers (which was really embarrassing as I was on the bus).

The same sign saying that the phone doesn’t recognise the cable also happens when I try to connect it to my computer using the USB cable that came with the brand new phone. How can I fix this ?

Posted on Nov 20, 2017 9:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2017 11:07 AM

Greetings, Nikki_cola15.

I see that the Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter stopped working and you purchased a one one online. Now, you're receiving a message that your accessory isn't supported when you're using it. You've also noted that you're now getting the same message when connecting your iPhone to your computer with the Lightning to USB cable. I'm happy to help.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won‘t charge -- Even though the title of this article isn't pertinent to your issue, it does contain information that can help.

If an alert says that your accessory isn't supported or certified

These alerts can appear for a few reasons: Your iOS device might have a dirty or damaged charging port, your charging accessory is defective, damaged, or non Apple-certified, or your USB charger isn't designed to charge devices. Follow these steps:

1. Remove any debris from the charging port on the bottom of your device.
  2. Restart your iOS device.
  3. Try a different USB cable or charger.
  4. Make sure that you have the latest version of iOS.
  5. Contact Apple Support to set up service.

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 21, 2017 11:07 AM in response to Nikki_cola15

Greetings, Nikki_cola15.

I see that the Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter stopped working and you purchased a one one online. Now, you're receiving a message that your accessory isn't supported when you're using it. You've also noted that you're now getting the same message when connecting your iPhone to your computer with the Lightning to USB cable. I'm happy to help.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won‘t charge -- Even though the title of this article isn't pertinent to your issue, it does contain information that can help.

If an alert says that your accessory isn't supported or certified

These alerts can appear for a few reasons: Your iOS device might have a dirty or damaged charging port, your charging accessory is defective, damaged, or non Apple-certified, or your USB charger isn't designed to charge devices. Follow these steps:

1. Remove any debris from the charging port on the bottom of your device.
  2. Restart your iOS device.
  3. Try a different USB cable or charger.
  4. Make sure that you have the latest version of iOS.
  5. Contact Apple Support to set up service.

Take care!

iPhone 7 headphone adapter not working!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.